[Mongrel] mongrel install on win32 XP problems

Luis Lavena luislavena at gmail.com
Wed Dec 6 12:37:22 EST 2006

On 12/6/06, Berger, Daniel <Daniel.Berger at qwest.com> wrote:
> [...]

VC8 (Express 2005) will not build any ruby extension without tweaking.
Thats due the manifest need the me included in the assemblies.

(Don't ask me about that, was a loooong topic on the ruby-talk about
this and make ruby compile fine under VC2005).

You need to build ruby with VC8 (to link against msvcrt8.lib/dll) for
successfully compile the extensions.

Luis Lavena
Multimedia systems
is worthwhile.