[Mongrel] mongrel and long lived connections

Vishnu Gopal g.vishnu at gmail.com
Tue Dec 5 16:31:56 EST 2006

If you read that wikipedia article, you'll note that Comet actually does
want this to happen: one connection to be kept alive. Mongrel afai
understand it is not meant to be used with keep-alive-ish sort of
connections. Polling (via AJAX) would more often than not serve your
purpose, and if it doesn't, a switch to Java or Cometd seems to be the way
to go.

Vish