[Mongrel] mongrel and long lived connections

Joseph McDonald superjoe at gmail.com
Tue Dec 5 15:39:39 EST 2006

I found this article
http://cyll.org/blog/tech/2006-08-09-themongrelcomet.html on mongrel
and COMET very interesting.

I ran the code, and it worked just as Christopher explained.  The one
thing I don't understand is why mongrel can only handle 1 connection
at a time.  I thought that mongrel used a thread per connection.

It appears that each registered handler can only handle 1 connection.
So if a request comes into another handler, it will be handled.

My question is:  Is there a way to allow a single handler to serve
multple connections?

I'm going to try debugging this to see why the handler is blocked, but
if someone knows the answer before I find out, please shout it out.