[Mongrel] mongrel install on win32 XP problems

Berger, Daniel Daniel.Berger at qwest.com
Tue Dec 5 11:23:28 EST 2006

<snip>

Since this seems to be causing quite a few headaches all around, I'll
get cracking on a binary distribution for the gem tonight and try to get
it released asap.

The only downside is that it will be compiled with VC++ 6.0, which means
a couple of the Win32Service struct members will be unavailable in the
Service.services method (and you won't be able to specify a 'group').
This won't affect the Daemon class, though.

Ideally I'd like to be able to set this up as an either-or, with
something like "gem install win32-service --from-source" to force a
build if the user wants to build from source instead of using the
binary.  Is such an option possible?

Thanks,

Dan