[Mongrel] mongrel install on win32 XP problems

Andy Koch andy.koch at pc-doctor.com
Mon Dec 4 14:10:33 EST 2006

I can't get mongrel installed on a Win XP.  I keep getting some unknown
error with this "win32-service-0.5.2".  While it states results are
logged, the file is empty - not much help.  I even tried complete
uninstall of ruby and reinstalled ruby 1.8.5-21.  But no luck.

Oddly, I had no problem installing earlier on a Win 2K machine.  Is
there something special about XP?

here is output from...

gem install mongrel --include-dependencies

result is...

 43. Cancel installation
 > 2

ERROR:  While executing gem ... (RuntimeError)
Gem files will remain installed in
c:/ruby/lib/ruby/gems/1.8/gems/win32-service-0.5.2 for inspection.

Results logged to
c:/ruby/lib/ruby/gems/1.8/gems/win32-service-0.5.2/gem_make.out

Thank you

--
Andy Koch, Web Applications Developer
PC-Doctor, Inc.
andy.koch at pc-doctor.com

CONFIDENTIALITY
The information contained in this message is confidential. It is
intended to be read only by the individual or entity to whom it is
addressed or by an authorized designee. If the reader of this
message is not the intended recipient, be aware that distribution
of this message in any form is strictly prohibited. If you have
received this message in error, please immediately notify the sender
and destroy any copy of this message.