[Mongrel] Mongrel and Mongrel Cluster Library LoadErrors

Phillip Novess ompan at mac.com
Mon Dec 4 13:48:00 EST 2006

Hello,

I'm a noobie to Rails and even more to mongrel. I have an issue with
one server that I've installed mongrel. Its a Fedora Core 5 box, and
it is having problems loading the Oracle OCI8 libraries.  However,
this only occurs when I use mongrel_cluster, or mongrel with out the -
d switch.  I have no problem using the library from the commandline
and with Webrick or mongrel whn I use the -d switch.  The other
perplexing thing is I have mongrel_cluster working on another server
that runs Fedora Core 4. I upgraded that box with Fedora Core 5 and
it still works correctly.  But the other server is a clean install of
Fedora Core 5 and no joy.

Does anybody have an idea what to check or add so that this will work
correctly? I suspect permissions or environment variables are the
problem, but how would I know?

Thanks,
Phill