[Mongrel] Log problem on stop/restart

Zed A. Shaw zedshaw at zedshaw.com
Mon Dec 4 14:01:58 EST 2006

On Mon, 4 Dec 2006 11:35:24 -0500
Dwayne Purper <dwayne at futmedia.com> wrote:

> I'm using the mongrel_cluster recipes for Capistrano as laid out by
> codahale.com and the new ed. of the Agile Development book, but I'm
> having problems on restart and stop:

Something I don't quite understand is how people are passing in -c to chdir, the code does the chdir first before any checking, and still the files aren't there for many people.

I'm thinking it's user error, but I'm gonna expand the error message on the next release to be:

"PID file #@pid_file does not exist in directory #@cwd.  Not running?"

For all the errors that complain about a file being missing.  Hopefully that'll narrow down why it's not finding them even after it's been told to chdir.

http://www.zedshaw.com/
http://mongrel.rubyforge.org/