[Mongrel] Mongrel 0.3.18, rails 1.1.6 and cookies

Zed A. Shaw zedshaw at zedshaw.com
Fri Dec 1 00:49:46 EST 2006

On Thu, 30 Nov 2006 19:14:17 -0600
"Joey Geiger" <jgeiger at gmail.com> wrote:

> I've run into an issue with my rails application being unable to
> properly set cookies on Mongrel  0.3.18. If I run the simplified code
> below in Mongrel 3.14.4, both cookies are properly sent to and saved
> by the browser. With the same code in 0.3.18, only the auth_token
> cookie is created (if I switch them, only the userid as it will only
> properly create the first cookie in the list.)
>
> I'm at home right now, but when I get back into work tomorrow, I'll
> try to install 0.3.15 and see if the problem exists there as well.
>
> Thanks.
>
> def login
>  cookies[:auth_token] = { :value => "auth", :expires => 10.years.from_now.utc }
>  cookies[:userid] = { :value => "100", :expires => 10.years.from_now.utc }
> end

Aha!  You're the guy!

No, that's because I created a change which eliminated duplicate headers but we weren't quite sure what headers should be allowed to duplicate.

I'll push a new release out that includes an exception list with the cookie headers.

http://www.zedshaw.com/
http://mongrel.rubyforge.org/