[Mongrel] Rails Deployment Book

Matt Pelletier matt at eastmedia.com
Thu Aug 31 22:39:24 EDT 2006

On Aug 31, 2006, at 10:16 PM, Wilson Bilkovich wrote:

> On 8/31/06, kigsteronline at mac.com <kigsteronline at mac.com> wrote:
>>> Ruby in the Enterprise? Can't 37 Signals example be
>>> used? Can't be that hard to figure out and setup...
>>
>> What?  37 Signals is an enterprise?  Since when?!?!?
>>
>> I want book on Rails for COBOL programmers. Mostly for the museum.
>> That's where the enterprise belongs anyway :^)
>>

> I actually taught a short Ruby and Rails class for COBOL and Algol
> programmers.
> Crazy stuff.

There needs to be one for PHP hand-written-SQL-at-the-top-of-views
programmers. The subtitle should be 'Just because you can doesn't
mean you should'

Also, the book that Zed mentioned he was helping with was the one I
am writing for Prentice Hall. It should be out by RubyConf. It will
cover Mongrel, configuring, running and extending it, writing
handlers and plugins, and some best practice configs for server
setups. It will not have extensive deployment info, as that topic
merits its own shelf.

http://www.informit.com/shortcuts

Matt