[Mongrel] Rails Deployment Book

Ezra Zygmuntowicz ezmobius at gmail.com
Thu Aug 31 14:35:28 EDT 2006

On Aug 31, 2006, at 11:12 AM, James Ludlow wrote:

> On 8/31/06, Ezra Zygmuntowicz <ezmobius at gmail.com> wrote:
>>         Yeah guys my book will be out in beta around the end of
>> this month.
>> It covers mongrel in depth and also covers pretty much any viable
>> option for deployment on other servers as well. Also covering the
>> theory behind what makes rails tick and how to scale it in a sane
>> way. Plus all the goodies like memcached and friends. Its been in the
>> works for a long time but thats because I keep changing it to keep up
>> with the times.
>>         Stay tuned, Dave Thomas already sent out the distributor
>> info packet
>> and stated that the printed book will ship in November so I guess I
>> have a real deadline now ;)
> I'm looking forward to seeing the beta version.
> By any chance, do you specifically cover strategies for load-balanced
> web servers with apps that use file_column for uploads?
> Synchronization in general between load-balanced apps would be a good
> topic.
> -- James

	Yeah I cover clustered setups and will cover the file_column or
acts_as_attachment situation with asset hosts and all that jazz. Also
the beta will be around 8-10 chapters and then the printed book will
have 15 or so. So as soon as the beta is out I will be listening to
my readers to see exactly what they want the rest of the book to
cover. So if I miss anything, I will have some time to make sure it
gets in to the final book. Gotta love the beta books from the Prag's.