[Mongrel] Rails Deployment Book

Ezra Zygmuntowicz ezmobius at gmail.com
Thu Aug 31 13:41:55 EDT 2006

On Aug 31, 2006, at 7:57 AM, James Ludlow wrote:

> On 8/31/06, Dave Murphy <schwuk at gmail.com> wrote:
>> I've been mulling over an idea for a book covering Ruby on Rails
>> application deployment. Obvious topics include using Mongrel by
>> itself
>> and with Apache/Lighttpd, load balancers, memcached, and Capistrano.
>>
>> What other topics would you like to see covered in such a book?
>
> Isn't Ezra releasing a book like this soon?  You might want to check
> out what's covered there and see what's missing.
>
> -- James

	Yeah guys my book will be out in beta around the end of this month.
It covers mongrel in depth and also covers pretty much any viable
option for deployment on other servers as well. Also covering the
theory behind what makes rails tick and how to scale it in a sane
way. Plus all the goodies like memcached and friends. Its been in the
works for a long time but thats because I keep changing it to keep up
with the times.

	Stay tuned, Dave Thomas already sent out the distributor info packet
and stated that the printed book will ship in November so I guess I
have a real deadline now ;)

Cheers-
-Ezra