[Mongrel] Mongrel service never starts

Jan Svitok jan.svitok at gmail.com
Wed Aug 30 16:33:33 EDT 2006

On 8/30/06, Guillaume Carbonneau <gusxedge at gmail.com> wrote:

> I'm on a Win2K server environnement running ruby 1.8.5 and mongrel
>
> I've followed the tutorial and everything went fine until I start the
> service...
>
> Here is the output I'm getting :
>
> C:\ruby\bin­­>mongrel_rails service::start -N inventaire
> One moment, start pending
> One moment, stopped
>
> One moment, stopped
>
> One moment, stopped
>
> One moment, stopped
>
> One moment, stopped
> and so on ( "One moment, stopped" message keeps popping)
>
> any idea?

Look in the log/service.log I suspect there is an exception. I've
heard of two possible problems with rails and 1.8.5: One, the
breakpointer works no more, and other is deprecation of when XXX: YYY
over when XXX; YYY or when XXX then YYY.

Start the thing as normal rails app with mongrel or webrick to see
more of the problem until it works fine. (non-service version has
obviously shorter roundtrip edit-start-crash-diagnose)