[Mongrel] Mongrel service never starts

Luis Lavena luislavena at gmail.com
Wed Aug 30 16:28:23 EDT 2006

On 8/30/06, Guillaume Carbonneau <gusxedge at gmail.com> wrote:

> I'm on a Win2K server environnement running ruby 1.8.5 and mongrel
>
> I've followed the tutorial and everything went fine until I start the
> service...
>
> Here is the output I'm getting :
>
> C:\ruby\bin­­>mongrel_rails service::start -N inventaire
> One moment, start pending
> One moment, stopped
>
> One moment, stopped
>
> One moment, stopped
>
> One moment, stopped
>
> One moment, stopped
> and so on ( "One moment, stopped" message keeps popping)
>
> any idea?

Hi Guillaume,

That often means your application crashed.

Have you tried running it with mongrel_rails first?

Mongrel is compatible with 1.8.4, no official testing was made with
1.8.5, nor for Rails (which seems to brake some things).

As I said, try running from command line "mongrel_rails start" and
check if your application start ok, if so, the problem could be
checked from the log/service.log file into your application directory.

Hope that helps,

--
Luis Lavena
Multimedia systems