[Mongrel] Setup with Apache 2.2 proxy balancer : timeout during uploads

Philippe Jayet hip at lan-attack.ch
Tue Aug 29 20:12:28 EDT 2006

Hi all,

> Apparently in my setup, there is no relation with the file size, but one
> actor has a timeout of 10 minutes, it appears to be quite constant in
> the log files. But I really can't figure out where it may come from :(
>
> Any idea someone ? I'll try to investigate the Apache configuration.

That wasn't it. :) Although the ten minutes timeout was from Apache,
this isn't the problem.

In fact the source of the problem was coming from the provider's load
balancer ! No idea why, I'll have to further investigate. But accessing
my server directly, I have no problem uploading files. I should have
thought trying that earlier :/

So ... really not related to Mongrel, which makes this thread slightly OT :)

Anyway thanks all for your help.

Philippe J.