[Mongrel] mongrel_upload_progress problems

Brad Ediger brad at bradediger.com
Tue Aug 29 13:07:53 EDT 2006

What is the status of the mongrel_upload_progress gem and Rails? I
have been playing around with _why and technoweenie's code but I'm
not sure what is current and what is old. It is not working for me.

I am running Mongrel (gem) with mongrel_upload_progress 0.1.
My upload URI is /agronomics/sample_cycle/upload, and my progress URI
is /agronomics/sample_cycle/progress. I have the following in

uri "/", :handler => Upload.new(:path_info => "/agronomics/
sample_cycle/upload"), :in_front => true

It appears that the uploads are not properly being tracked. The
Mongrel::Uploads singleton looks like this on each call to progress:

#<Mongrel::Uploads:0xb79921b8 @counters={}, @guard=#<Mutex:0xb799217c
@locked=false, @waiting=[]>>

The lack of @counters seems to indicate that the upload is not being
tracked properly.

My progress controller function looks like this:

def progress
   (render :update do |page|
     page.upload_progress.update @status[:size], @status[:received]
   end and return) if @status = Mongrel::Uploads.instance.check(params
   render :text => Mongrel::Uploads.instance.inspect

I am definitely willing to experiment, but I don't have enough
knowledge of Mongrel to know what I am looking at. Can anyone offer

Brad Ediger