[Mongrel] Mongrel not creating pid file

Joe Ruby joeat303 at yahoo.com
Mon Aug 28 17:32:04 EDT 2006

Hey Zed,

Cool, thanks. I just tried it and the pid file shows
up in log/ (it takes a few seconds).

Hey Joe,

that's fixed in the release, try it out with:

sudo gem install mongrel

On Sun, 2006-08-27 at 11:53 -0700, joe d wrote:
> It starts up fine, and creates and logs to the log
> file, but I haven't seen it create a pid file yet.
> idea why?
> BTW, why does Mongrel generate a config with vars
> :var: rather than just the typical var: ?

That's YAML.  The :var: is a symbol :var followed by
the : for the YAML

That's also why I wrote the -G (generate) command so
it'll make one for
you from the command line options you pass.

Zed A. Shaw

Do You Yahoo!?