[Mongrel] Mongrel not creating pid file

Zed Shaw zedshaw at zedshaw.com
Sun Aug 27 16:54:34 EDT 2006

Hey Joe,

that's fixed in the 0.3.13.4 release, try it out with:

sudo gem install mongrel --source=http://mongrel.rubyforge.org/releases/

Zed

On Sun, 2006-08-27 at 11:53 -0700, joe d wrote:
<snip>

> It starts up fine, and creates and logs to the log
> file, but I haven't seen it create a pid file yet. Any
> idea why?
>
> BTW, why does Mongrel generate a config with vars like
> :var: rather than just the typical var: ?

That's YAML.  The :var: is a symbol :var followed by the : for the YAML
hash.

That's also why I wrote the -G (generate) command so it'll make one for
you from the command line options you pass.

--
Zed A. Shaw
http://www.zedshaw.com/