[Mongrel] [ANN] Mongrel Pre-Release -- Ruby's LEAK Fixed (Death To Mutex!)

Luis Lavena luislavena at gmail.com
Sun Aug 27 05:56:27 EDT 2006

> On Sat, 2006-08-26 at 20:26 -0300, Luis Lavena wrote:
> > I have done some testings of the code on Win32 with ruby 1.8.4, please
> > check the included pictures [1].
> >
> Thank you Luis, *this* is what I need.  A test with Mongrel code and
> evidence that it's not fixed on a particular platform.  Thank you for
> not guessing at random theories about why it works this way, and instead
> doing the test.
> It's also incredibly sad since it means that one way works on POSIX and
> the other works on Win32.

Yeah, I was shocked when I saw that.

> I'll take a look at this tomorrow and see what happens.

What about a new approach to RailsHandler? I mean:

If just 1 thread can access Rails dispatcher, what if we
serialize/enqueue the requests?

Maybe will be too complicated, but MonitorMixin maybe could help:

Anyway, talk this sunday about mongrel_service

Luis Lavena
Multimedia systems
is worthwhile.
Vince Lombardi