[Mongrel] Invalid HTTP format, parsing fails

Ross Singer ross.singer at library.gatech.edu
Fri Aug 25 22:58:44 EDT 2006

> On Fri, 2006-08-25 at 20:08 -0400, Ross Singer wrote:
> > Zed,
> >
> > Thanks for getting back to me on this.
> >
> > Here is the log from the offending request:
> >
> <snip>
> > Is this what you were looking for?
>
> Yep I'll look at that.  But right from the RFC you have this:
>
> unsafe = (CTL | " " | "\"" | "#" | "%" | "<" | ">");
>
> Even they label that as "unsafe" so I'm going to be hard pressed to
> allow this in.

Again, I wouldn't say I'm opposed to this. :)

All I'm sayin'  "Real World Scenario".  Also "85% browser market share".

I can probably talk EBSCO into fixing their bad URLs, but I don't have any
control over Internet Explorer or Microsoft.  I've got no influence there.

I'm not trying to be passive-aggressive at all about this (I really want to
stress that), I'm just stating that this is something that's bound to come
up again.

Because IE sucks.  I guess Safari does too.

But good lord a lot people use them.

-Ross.