[Mongrel] Multi apps in one Mongrel instance

Zed Shaw zedshaw at zedshaw.com
Fri Aug 25 19:00:57 EDT 2006

On Fri, 2006-08-25 at 15:45 +0200, Jean-Eric Cuendet (ML) wrote:
> Hi,
> It would be nice if Mongrel would do multiapps in one Mongrel instance.
> For the moment, I have one Mongrel for each app of my server, each on a
> different port.
> For example:
>    http://server:8080/app1
>    http://server:8080/app2
> instead of:
>    http://server:8080/
>    http://server:8081/
> Is that planned?

Ah, but you can simulate this.  I should mention that 0.3.13.4
pre-release has the --prefix options, which will mount a Rails
application at a different path.  You could then put apache in front of
two different mongrel instances ran with:

mongrel_rails start -e production --prefix=/app1
mongrel_rails start -e production --prefix=/app2

And it'd work about the same.

You can install the pre-release with:

gem install mongrel --source=http://mongrel.rubyforge.org/releases/

--