[Mongrel] Invalid HTTP format, parsing fails

Zed Shaw zedshaw at zedshaw.com
Fri Aug 25 18:57:12 EDT 2006

On Fri, 2006-08-25 at 07:19 -0400, Ross Singer wrote:
> Well, the urgency of this has waned a bit, since I successfully got
> lighty/fcgi working last night.
>
> Still, I've been pretty fond on mongrel, so far, so I'd like to
> migrate back to it eventually.

Hey Ross, I missed this.  Here's what you do to let me see if the client
really is wrong:

1) get the latest 0.3.13.4 pre-release:  gem install mongrel
--source=http://mongrel.rubyforge.org/releases/
2) Start your mongrel application
3) Before you make your request, hit with a USR1 signal:  killall -USR1
mongrel_rails (don't do killall if you've got other ones running you
want to leave alone).
4) Hit your web page like normal, and now Mongrel will dump the full
data it received and the params it parsed before it complained.

Send me the logs and I'll take a look.

--
Zed A. Shaw
http://www.zedshaw.com/