[Mongrel] really a GemPlugin/mongrel_cluster question

Asa Hopkins asa at caltech.edu
Fri Aug 25 18:08:49 EDT 2006

Hi folks,

I'd like to run the Mongrel prerelease ( prerelease) and
mongrel_cluster 0.2.1 on my shared host (which doesn't want to
install prerelease software for all to use).  I can install the gems
in my own directory, and run mongrel with --prefix just
fine.  However, I think due to the GemPlugin structure, even my new
mongrel_rails loads up mongrel_cluster 0.2.0, which doesn't support --
prefix.  If I try telling rubygems to ignore the other installed gems
(in the main gem structure), it loses track of itself (gem
environment fails, for example).

Work is love made visible
Asa S. Hopkins
MC 266-33, Pasadena, CA 91125