[Mongrel] Invalid HTTP format, parsing fails

Ross Singer ross.singer at library.gatech.edu
Fri Aug 25 15:49:25 EDT 2006

While I agree with this fundamentally, pragmatically this is an unrealistic
expectation.  I get this vendor to fix it, another vendor pops up with
another dumb unescaped character.

You can type these characters into the query string on IE or Safari and get
the same result, it wouldn't have to be vendor provided.

I am not 'blaming' anybody.  I'm just pointing out that it's a pretty
chaotic world and, as a result, it's fairly important that (within reason) a
webserver can handle the things that are thrown at it.

My webserver is the one thing that /I/ can control.