[Mongrel] mongrel logging on win32 platform and win32 service

linux user fanoflinux at gmail.com
Fri Aug 25 12:40:59 EDT 2006

> On 8/25/06, linux user <fanoflinux at gmail.com> wrote:
> [snip]
> > I will try this, but since all my 4 mongrels on a single machine start
> from
> > the same application-root, this would cause out of sequence statements
> in
> > log/request.log. It would have been so much better to have logging on
> win32
> > where each mongrel will have its own log.
> >
> > Or may be I should just start each mongrel from a different
> application-root
> > folder but for that I will have use ActiveRecordStore for session
> > synchronization and I can't use file store anymore.
> >

> Do WEBrick log request to the log file? or it do that on *nix?
>
> By logging do you mean this?
>
> 127.0.0.1 - - [25/Aug/2006:13:25:15 SA Eastern Standard Time] "GET /
> HTTP/1.1" 200 7552- -> /
> 127.0.0.1 - - [25/Aug/2006:13:25:16 SA Eastern Standard Time] "GET
> /javascripts/prototype.js HTTP/1.1" 200 55149 http://localhost:3000/
> -> /javascripts/prototype.js
> 127.0.0.1 - - [25/Aug/2006:13:25:16 SA Eastern Standard Time] "GET
> /javascripts/effects.js HTTP/1.1" 200 32871 http://localhost:3000/ ->
> /javascripts/effects.js
> 127.0.0.1 - - [25/Aug/2006:13:25:16 SA Eastern Standard Time] "GET
> /images/rails.png HTTP/1.1" 200 1787 http://localhost:3000/ ->
> /images/rails.png

No by logging I mean capturing all output on console whether generated by
puts,p,print or by mongrel in a log file.

> If so, mongrel nor webrick do that, so the problem could be the rails
> logging mechanism.
>
> Maybe I'm to tired to think clearly in this problem...

I appreciate your help and I know the problem is kinda subtle and may be
stupid too and I guess the only way out is get rid of my puts, p and print
everywhere and just logger.debug statements.