[Mongrel] mongrel logging on win32 platform and win32 service

linux user fanoflinux at gmail.com
Fri Aug 25 12:01:10 EDT 2006

On 8/25/06, Wilson Bilkovich <wilsonb at gmail.com> wrote:

> On 8/25/06, Luis Lavena <luislavena at gmail.com> wrote:
> > On 8/25/06, linux user <fanoflinux at gmail.com> wrote:
> > >
> > > I am begining to think its platform related Win2K SP4, I don't have
> access
> > > to XP. May be I need to re-install ruby & rails ?? but that would be
> > > ridiculous.
> > >

> > I have installed ruby, One-Click-Installer and plain ruby-mswin32 on
> > XP (SP1&SP2), W2K SP3 and SP4 and W2K3 Server, all without problems.
> >

> I've never seen Mongrel save a log file on Win32, and I use it every
> day on Windows XP.

I would have to agree with you Wilson to the point of -l (log_file) option
http://mongrel.rubyforge.org/docs/howto.html.

But by default mongrel does write stuff top log/your-environment.log file.
The problem that I am facing is that the output from 'puts, p, print' on the
console  are not captured in this log file.

-daya