[Mongrel] mongrel logging on win32 platform and win32 service

linux user fanoflinux at gmail.com
Fri Aug 25 10:22:30 EDT 2006

> On 8/25/06, linux user <fanoflinux at gmail.com> wrote:

> for
> > win32
> > logging

> C:/myspace/snapshot
> > -p
> 1.log"

> no
> > Ctrl-C.

> -l
> > logs??
> > > >

> > > Have you tried check log/mongrel.log and log/production.log? there is
> > > where mongrel outs the information.
> >

> > No these files are not there.
> >
> > I tried to locate mongrel.log in production.log, but its not there. I
> only
> > have log/production.log but that was created by rails script when the
> > application root was created and log/production.log is 0KB after load
> > testing mongrel for 1 hour.
> >
> > I am on Windows 2000 SP4.
> >
> > please help
>
> Daya, first of: post this to one mailing list, do not "cross-post" to
> rails and mongrel, the correct place, in this case, is mongrel one.
>
> Now, why you don't try the following?
>
> open a Command prompt window.
> C:
> cd C:\myspace\snapshot
> mongrel_rails start -e production
>
> wait until it is running... now check using windows explorer for
> log/*.log files inside that folder.
>
> They should be there, I see them here when running in my app, with
> both prerelease and stable.

Hi Luis

I just tried your suggestion and although mongrel starts at port 3000 by
default the logs are still not created. I did a full scan of application
root for *.log and there are no log files that are created by mongrel.

I also tried running mongrel -B (debug) option and now I get in
log/mongrel_debug folder files.log, objects.log, params.log, rails.log and
thread.log, these as we know are not the logs I am interested in.

I had installed mongrel through gems and since I didn't include
--include-dependencies at that time, the installation process prompted me to
select which mongrel I wanted installed I selected the first option for
win32 which was 0.3.13.3. May be I need to re-install mongrel?

I appreciate your help but I am lost in this simple problem.

-daya