[Mongrel] Multi apps in one Mongrel instance

Luis Lavena luislavena at gmail.com
Fri Aug 25 10:12:16 EDT 2006

On 8/25/06, Jean-Eric Cuendet (ML) <jec at ml1.jesc.ch> wrote:
> Hi,
> It would be nice if Mongrel would do multiapps in one Mongrel instance.
> For the moment, I have one Mongrel for each app of my server, each on a
> different port.
> For example:
>    http://server:8080/app1
>    http://server:8080/app2
> instead of:
>    http://server:8080/
>    http://server:8081/
> Is that planned?

Hello Jean-Eric,

The prefixing of rails application is available, too many asked about that.

Regarding running multiple Rails application from one Mongrel
instance, is like playing with a *loaded* gun.

Rails isn't thread-safe, that range from two concurrent threads that
try to access the CGI dispatcher or running two different application
in the same context.

Neither way is planned, or will be supported (AFAIK) because trying to
debug simple concurrency problems is a real pain... imagine do that
for 2 instances running concurrently.

Hope this answer your question, the best I could write with my poor english.

Regards,

--
Luis Lavena
Multimedia systems