[Mongrel] mongrel logging on win32 platform and win32 service

Luis Lavena luislavena at gmail.com
Fri Aug 25 09:59:03 EDT 2006

On 8/25/06, linux user <fanoflinux at gmail.com> wrote:

> On 8/24/06, Luis Lavena <luislavena at gmail.com> wrote:
> > On 8/24/06, linux user <fanoflinux at gmail.com> wrote:
> > >
> > > Hi All
> > >
> > > I am using  version 0.3.13.3 and since there is no logging support for
> win32
> > > application. I was wondering if it was possible to get any kind of
> logging
> > > at all.
> > >
> > > I have tried to these two options
> > >
> > > 1. Stream redirection using "mongrel_rails start -c C:/myspace/snapshot
> -p
> > > 4111 -t 70  -e production -P log/mongrel-1.pid > C:\temp\mongrel- 1.log"
> > >
> > > The console print the output stream and the mongrel-1.log file shows no
> > > content except the content generated after I kill the server with
> Ctrl-C.
> > >
> > > 2. win32 service "mongrel_rails service::install -N snapshot1 -c
> > > C:\myspace\snapshot -p 4111 -e production -t 70". Now ofcourse the -l
> > > (log_file) option can't be used so where do I see the output/error
> logs??
> > >

> > Have you tried check log/mongrel.log and log/production.log? there is
> > where mongrel outs the information.
>

> No these files are not there.
>
> I tried to locate mongrel.log in production.log, but its not there. I only
> have log/production.log but that was created by rails script when the
> application root was created and log/production.log is 0KB after load
> testing mongrel for 1 hour.
>
> I am on Windows 2000 SP4.
>
> please help

Daya, first of: post this to one mailing list, do not "cross-post" to
rails and mongrel, the correct place, in this case, is mongrel one.

Now, why you don't try the following?

open a Command prompt window.
C:
cd C:\myspace\snapshot
mongrel_rails start -e production

wait until it is running... now check using windows explorer for
log/*.log files inside that folder.

They should be there, I see them here when running in my app, with
both prerelease and stable.