[Mongrel] mongrel logging on win32 platform and win32 service

linux user fanoflinux at gmail.com
Fri Aug 25 09:17:39 EDT 2006

> On 8/24/06, linux user <fanoflinux at gmail.com> wrote:
> >
> > Hi All
> >
> > I am using  version 0.3.13.3 and since there is no logging support for
> win32
> > application. I was wondering if it was possible to get any kind of
> logging
> > at all.
> >
> > I have tried to these two options
> >
> > 1. Stream redirection using "mongrel_rails start -c C:/myspace/snapshot
> -p
> > 4111 -t 70  -e production -P log/mongrel-1.pid > C:\temp\mongrel-1.log"
> >
> > The console print the output stream and the mongrel-1.log file shows no
> > content except the content generated after I kill the server with
> Ctrl-C.
> >
> > 2. win32 service "mongrel_rails service::install -N snapshot1 -c
> > C:\myspace\snapshot -p 4111 -e production -t 70". Now ofcourse the -l
> > (log_file) option can't be used so where do I see the output/error
> logs??
> >

> Have you tried check log/mongrel.log and log/production.log? there is
> where mongrel outs the information.

No these files are not there.

I tried to locate mongrel.log in production.log, but its not there. I only
have log/production.log but that was created by rails script when the
application root was created and log/production.log is 0KB after load
testing mongrel for 1 hour.

I am on Windows 2000 SP4.

please help
-daya