[Mongrel] [slightly offtopic] A small, fast Apache2.2 (if there is such a thing)

snacktime snacktime at gmail.com
Fri Aug 25 03:43:56 EDT 2006

I'm not sure how what the syntax is with apache2, I think it's
something like --enable-static-modname, to compile apache with modules
linked statically instead of as a DSO. Depends on the module, but in
some cases there is a significant performance boost.  It will use a
bit less memory also.  Downside is that you have to recompile the
whole server every time you need to update a module.  Also, you don't
gain anything by not compiling DSO's.  In other words, the difference
between compiling a DSO module and then commenting it out in
httpd.conf so it's not loaded, is the same as never compiling it in
the first place.

Statically linking everything can be a real pain.  You will probably
get what you want by just commenting out the modules you don't need in
httpd.conf.

Chris