[Mongrel] [slightly offtopic] A small, fast Apache2.2 (if there is such a thing)

Luis Lavena luislavena at gmail.com
Thu Aug 24 20:51:39 EDT 2006

On 8/24/06, Jeremy Kemper <jeremy at bitsweat.net> wrote:
> On 8/24/06, Luis Lavena <luislavena at gmail.com> wrote:
> >
>  On 8/24/06, Jeremy Kemper <jeremy at bitsweat.net> wrote:
> > He has a working deployment and you're suggesting a whole new platform
> > because of a blog post pimping the next hotness.  Pinch me :)
> Jeremy, excuse my if I didn't see the "we are running in production
> now" sentence in that mail...
> His concerns aren't drop everything or try something new: its about
> memory use and resources... why not try something different?
> Because it's trading something that works fine but could use a bit of
> tweaking for something totally unknown. That sounds fun and interesting, but
> the time could be better spent working on your app.

Oh, its like "don't reinvent the wheel", often seen ALL around
software developments, concepts and ideas...

Also, the time you spent on working in these "new things" is valuable
too, making it work faster isn't something valuable?

Just my point of view, of course.

> > I don't understand the "pinch me" sentence... what that means? (excuse
> > me, I'm not a native english speaker).
> People say 'pinch me' because if it hurts, you know you aren't dreaming ;)

Oh I see, though I was translating it as "you deserve a kick for your
stupid comment.", glad you explained it to me ;-)