[Mongrel] [slightly offtopic] A small, fast Apache2.2 (if there is such a thing)

Luis Lavena luislavena at gmail.com
Thu Aug 24 20:22:56 EDT 2006

On 8/24/06, Jeremy Kemper <jeremy at bitsweat.net> wrote:
> On 8/24/06, Luis Lavena <luislavena at gmail.com> wrote:
>
> > On 8/24/06, Zack Chandler <zackchandler at gmail.com> wrote:
> > > Hi.
> > >
> > > I'm using Apache2.2 built from source + mod-proxy + ssl + svn.
> > >
> > > Everything works fine but I'm sure you I could disable a ton of
> > > modules during the build process and in httpd.conf to speed things up
> > > and run a tighter memory footprint.
> > >
> > > Has anyone bothered building Apache2.2 from source disabling all the
> > > unneeded modules.
> > >
> > > I am planning on going through the Apache docs but I thought I'd shoot
> > > off a quick email in case someone had already gone through the hassle.
> > >
> > > Thanks,
> > > Zack Chandler
> >
> > You're forced to use apache? if not, try nginx as suggested by Ezra:
> >
> http://www.brainspl.at/articles/2006/08/23/nginx-my-new-favorite-front-end-for-mongrel-cluster
>

> He has a working deployment and you're suggesting a whole new platform
> because of a blog post pimping the next hotness.  Pinch me :)

Jeremy, excuse my if I didn't see the "we are running in production
now" sentence in that mail...

His concerns aren't drop everything or try something new: its about
memory use and resources... why not try something different?

I don't understand the "pinch me" sentence... what that means? (excuse
me, I'm not a native english speaker).