[Mongrel] [slightly offtopic] A small, fast Apache2.2 (if there is such a thing)

Zack Chandler zackchandler at gmail.com
Thu Aug 24 19:11:29 EDT 2006

Hi.

I'm using Apache2.2 built from source + mod-proxy + ssl + svn.

Everything works fine but I'm sure you I could disable a ton of
modules during the build process and in httpd.conf to speed things up
and run a tighter memory footprint.

Has anyone bothered building Apache2.2 from source disabling all the
unneeded modules.

I am planning on going through the Apache docs but I thought I'd shoot
off a quick email in case someone had already gone through the hassle.

Thanks,
Zack Chandler