[Mongrel] mongrel logging on win32 platform and win32 service

linux user fanoflinux at gmail.com
Thu Aug 24 18:28:05 EDT 2006

Hi All

I am using  version 0.3.13.3 and since there is no logging support for win32
application. I was wondering if it was possible to get any kind of logging
at all.

I have tried to these two options

1. Stream redirection using "mongrel_rails start -c C:/myspace/snapshot -p
4111 -t 70  -e production -P log/mongrel-1.pid > C:\temp\mongrel-1.log"

The console print the output stream and the mongrel-1.log file shows no
content except the content generated after I kill the server with Ctrl-C.

2. win32 service "mongrel_rails service::install -N snapshot1 -c
C:\myspace\snapshot -p 4111 -e production -t 70". Now ofcourse the -l
(log_file) option can't be used so where do I see the output/error logs??

So I am basically lost on a very simple thing.

Please help

TIA
-daya