[Mongrel] Excessive CLOSE_WAIT sockets, pound

Jeff Behl jb at rightcart.com
Thu Aug 24 02:55:58 EDT 2006

we're running 0.3.13 and had this pop up just the other day.  we're running
4 instances for our app behind apache/mod_proxy_balancer  and this is the
first time it has happened (we've been running for a month or two). the app
was not under heavy load at the time ( < 10 req/s).

Linux XXX 2.6.16.13-4-smp #1 SMP Wed May 3 04:53:23 UTC 2006 x86_64 x86_64
x86_64 GNU/Linux
Apache/2.2.0
mongrel (0.3.13)
rails (1.1.6)