[Mongrel] Mongrel and Service behave differently

Zed Shaw zedshaw at zedshaw.com
Tue Aug 22 18:13:39 EDT 2006

On Tue, 2006-08-22 at 06:05 -0700, Jay Turpin wrote:
> I have a rails application running under the latest version of Mogrel
> Win32. Seems to run just fine. However, when I attempt to run it under
> the Win32 Mongrel service, it appears to hand after hitting certain
> controller actions. I'm sure there is a bug in my code that's causing
> this - but I just am not sure what it is yet.
>
> Is there anything about the mongrel-service that would cause an
> application to behave differently? Besides the -B option to turn on
> debugging, are there any other tricks for me to get visibility to what
> is going on underneath the covers?
>
> If I can't track down this issue, is there any to using mongrel_rails
> from a scheduler instead of the service?

Hey Jay,

Yeah actually the win32-service stuff has a few bugs that Dan Berger has
fixed.  I'll be cooking up a new gem for him soon and hopefully working
with him to get all his stuff "gemified".

Until then, can you look for exception reports in your logs and send
them to me (off-list).  Thanks.

--
Zed A. Shaw
http://www.zedshaw.com/