[Mongrel] Multiple mongrels for one app

hax hax at cheaphacks.info
Tue Aug 22 15:11:16 EDT 2006

> Rails is not threadsafe.
> http://rubyforge.org/pipermail/mongrel-users/2006-August/000930.html
> //jarkko

So what happens when the mongrel gets more than one request at a time?
When I run httpref against it, the mongrel process can serve up large
number of rails pages before it gets bogged down.
And when it does break, it says "mongrel timed out this thread: too
many open files".  So it must be doing some threading, even if rails
isn't threadsafe.
If it was 1 request per mongrel process, 1 process shouldn't be able
to serve up very many per second.  httpref tells me its prettty fast