[Mongrel] Mongrel and Service behave differently

Jay Turpin jay.turpin at gmail.com
Tue Aug 22 09:05:02 EDT 2006

I have a rails application running under the latest version of Mogrel Win32.
Seems to run just fine. However, when I attempt to run it under the Win32
Mongrel service, it appears to hand after hitting certain controller
actions. I'm sure there is a bug in my code that's causing this - but I just
am not sure what it is yet.

Is there anything about the mongrel-service that would cause an application
to behave differently? Besides the -B option to turn on debugging, are there
any other tricks for me to get visibility to what is going on underneath the

If I can't track down this issue, is there any to using mongrel_rails from a
scheduler instead of the service?

-- Jay Turpin
"One test is worth a thousand expert opinions." - Bill Nye (The Science Guy)