[Mongrel] http parser

Zed Shaw zedshaw at zedshaw.com
Mon Aug 21 08:28:30 EDT 2006

On Sun, 2006-08-20 at 21:38 -0400, Francis Cianfrocca wrote:
> On 8/20/06, Zed Shaw <zedshaw at zedshaw.com> wrote:
> > On Sun, 2006-08-20 at 19:49 -0400, Francis Cianfrocca wrote:
> >
> > > Libel is a written statement of disparaging character that is not
> > > substantiated by facts, and you haven't provided any. I don't let
> > > ANYONE mess with me the way you did.
> > (You forgot "that causes damages", of which you have none).
> >
> > ...is when I get worried.
> >

> I didn't threaten you, Zed, not at any point. You made statements not
> substantiated by facts that are potentially damaging to my reputation,
> and I take that seriously.
>
> You apologized for calling me and my friends shady. Accepted. But what
> was your basis and your evidence for saying that we are desperate for
> cash? Especially since neither you nor I make our livings from our
> freeware Ruby projects! I can't understand your motivations but I
> think any reasonable person would read your statements, in a forum
> that you control and in which you are well-respected, as intended to
> cast doubt on (and thus impair the value of) a project that I have
> contributed a great deal of time and effort to.
>
> If that wasn't your intention, then say so and we're done. This is
> your list, so you can also tell me to pound sand and not post here
> again, and I'll respect that too.

Now, will you please leave me alone?  I have to get another release of
Mongrel out so that Apple can include it in their next release of OSX.

Sent to the list just now, so please take it as a full retraction and
apology, and again if you're not satisfied then from now on have your
lawyer talk to me instead.
-----

Dear Mongrel Users,

It appears that Francis still isn't satisfied with my attempts to
apologize and he's now asked me privately to retract my statements.

So, just to be sure he finally gets it:

I retract my statements that Francis and his friends are "shady" and
"desperate for cash".  He is in no way a shady guy, having dealt with
this situation with the utmost of professionalism and courtesy with me.
He is also obviously not threatened by any of my work and feels no
pressure to compete with me, infect his work into mine, or any of the
other statements he so quickly felt slighted by.

And again, sincere apologies all around to anyone who's felt he was in
the right and I'm a bad guy.  I shall use my power to influence people
more appropriately with rational technical comparisons from now on.

Hopefully, this will put a final end to any misconceptions as to the
depth of my remorse for having said that Francis is shady or desperate
for cash.

My heart felt apologies.

Zed