[Mongrel] http parser

Zed Shaw zedshaw at zedshaw.com
Mon Aug 21 00:36:20 EDT 2006

On Sun, 2006-08-20 at 21:38 -0400, Francis Cianfrocca wrote:
> On 8/20/06, Zed Shaw <zedshaw at zedshaw.com> wrote:
> > On Sun, 2006-08-20 at 19:49 -0400, Francis Cianfrocca wrote:
> >
> > > Libel is a written statement of disparaging character that is not
> > > substantiated by facts, and you haven't provided any. I don't let
> > > ANYONE mess with me the way you did.
> > (You forgot "that causes damages", of which you have none).
> >
> > ...is when I get worried.
> >

> I didn't threaten you, Zed, not at any point. You made statements not
> substantiated by facts that are potentially damaging to my reputation,
> and I take that seriously.

Don't even mention the word "libel" again unless you file a suit.
You're free to say what you want about me, and anyone I know, but don't
threaten me ever again or even imply the threat of lawsuit.  Since you
refuse to apologize this will be my last e-mail on the topic with you.

> If that wasn't your intention, then say so and we're done. This is
> your list, so you can also tell me to pound sand and not post here
> again, and I'll respect that too.

I don't believe in censoring people who have a difference of opinion
with me, I feel that everyone has a right to express their opinions in
an open forum and censoring you would be wrong.  Like I said before,
I've got no problem with you since I don't know you, I have a problem
with your behavior.

That's the difference, I would have handled the same situation by
e-mailing you personally and ask you to retract your statements, not
attack you in your own backyard.  I'd assume that maybe you were having
a bad day and give you a chance make amends.  I wouldn't go on a
Freudian innuendo rampage about your insecurities and toss around empty
threats of "libel".

Have a good day Francis.

--
Zed A. Shaw