[Mongrel] Problem with: service mongrel_cluster start

Nathan Donaldson scarydog at mac.com
Sun Aug 20 03:25:06 EDT 2006

Hi all,

I am having trouble transitioning from fastcgi to Mongrel. I have it
all working apart from one small part, I can't get the service to
start on boot.

I have followed the instructions and if I call the script directly:
i.e. "/etc/init.d/mongrel_cluster start" it works fine, but if I call
it using "service mongrel_cluster start" it fails with the following
error:

Starting all mongrel_clusters...
/usr/local/lib/ruby/site_ruby/1.8/rubygems/custom_require.rb:21:
command not found: mongrel_rails cluster::start -c sonar_radiant.yml
mongrel_rails cluster::start returned an error.

I can see what is happening, it is calling mongrel_rails
cluster::start -c config_file_without the directory.

It should say:

mongrel_rails cluster::start -c /etc/mongrel_cluster/sonar_radiant.yml

Anyone know what I can do to fix this?

Regards
Nathan