[Mongrel] IIS and response timeout

Jay Turpin jay.turpin at gmail.com
Sat Aug 19 10:18:03 EDT 2006

I apologize if this has been covered before, I checked the archives and
didn't see anything over the last few months.

I am running IIS6 with IsapiRewriter and a single mongrel service for each
Rails application. One of my apps does a long query to the database to
produce a CSV file. After the request has gone beyond 30 seconds, the user
get a 500 Internal Server Error.

I've looked around for ways to adjust the response timeout, either in IIS or
mongrel, but haven't found anything yet. Any ideas?

-- Jay Turpin
"One test is worth a thousand expert opinions." - Bill Nye (The Science Guy)