[Mongrel] Mongrel setting with Mysql error

Guillaume Carbonneau gusxedge at gmail.com
Fri Aug 18 20:56:59 EDT 2006

> On Fri, 2006-08-18 at 10:12 -0400, Guillaume Carbonneau wrote:
> > Hi,
> >
> > I'm pretty newb at Rails deployement stuff.
> > I'm setting up a Mongrel web server on windows following the tutorial
> > on the official site.
> > My app works except when there's interaction with MySQL. I get this
> > error :
> >
> > "Uninitialized constant Mysql"
> >
> > Now i'm pretty lost and i'm sure i'm doing something wrong. I've tried
> > searching google, ruby and rails mailing list but didn't find
> > anything.
> > I'd appreciate if you guys could point me to the right direction. Like
> > what steps I have to do to make mysql interact with Mongrel/Ruby.
> >

> Haven't seen this from people who use win32, so I'm thinking your setup is
> wrong somehow.
>
> Have you tried installing the win32 mysql gem?
>
> gem install mysql
>
> I believe that'll intall it but you have to pick win32.  If you've
> already done this then maybe remove it and see if you get the error.
>

> --
> Zed A. Shaw
> http://www.zedshaw.com/
> http://mongrel.rubyforge.org/
> http://www.railsmachine.com/ -- Need Mongrel support?

I updated my gems
I tried removing / reinstalling the mysql gem and i'm still getting the
error.
I always pick the mswin32 btw...

I noticed a pattern when I start the mongrel server..
1st request generates this error : uninitialized constant Mysql
2nd and further errors : uninitialized constant ActiveRecord::Mysql

Still getting errors. I tried with dead simple apps and it generates the
same errors

Thanks for your answers so far...

Guillaume Carbonneau