[Mongrel] Apache Proxy Error + Mongrel dying

Zed Shaw zedshaw at zedshaw.com
Fri Aug 18 15:53:08 EDT 2006

On Fri, 2006-08-18 at 14:59 +0200, Michele wrote:
> If I run Mongrel in debug mode, I get this error before the
> process dies: "Illegal instruction: 4 (core dumped)".
> What could it be? Is there a way which instruction is causing the error?

What operating system and version? How'd you build your ruby? After how
long does this happen?  Does it tell you line number of where it
happens?  Is the line number consistent?

Try running it under gdb, then when it dies type: backtrace and send me
the output.  That or run the program under strace and give me the last
bit of the output before it died.

Zed A. Shaw
http://www.railsmachine.com/ -- Need Mongrel support?