[Mongrel] [ANN] Mongrel 0.3.13.4 Pre-Release -- QUERY_STRING Fixed
zedshaw at zedshaw.com
Fri Aug 18 15:50:40 EDT 2006
On Fri, 2006-08-18 at 10:50 +0100, Jonathan del Strother wrote:
> I'm quite often losing mysql connections during requests, when using
> mongrel. Doesn't happen with lighty.
> This is on OS X 10.4.6, mysql 4.1.16, and a recent rails. Is there
> any other useful information I can supply?
Do you mean FastCGI and lighty? Because "lighty" doesn't run rails.
If so, then I'll need more information than this. For example:
1) When does this happen?
2) Where's your mysql database?
3) Do you have enough ram?
4) Have you done a packet trace to see what might cause it? These are
very informative, although it sucks to have to resort to this.
5) What's the exception you get?
6) Are you opening a bunch of files?
7) Do you have lots of cache() statements in your templates? Those open
lots of files.
8) Are you using the default rails pure ruby driver or the compiled
If you can get me more info I might be able to figure it out. Otherwise
most folks seem to have upgraded to the latest driver and not had this
Zed A. Shaw
http://www.railsmachine.com/ -- Need Mongrel support?
More information about the Mongrel-users