[Mongrel] New automated Capistrano setup for Apache2.1+ and mongrel_cluster

Charles Brian Quinn me at seebq.com
Fri Aug 18 13:43:31 EDT 2006

Hi mongrel users!

I just posted a bad-ass capistrano file that automates *everything*
for setting up an apache2+mod_proxy_balancer and
mongrel+mongrel_cluster -- including apache2 setups.  It's based off
Coda Hale's guide and all Bradley's work at fluxura and RailsMachine
(thanks Coda and Bradley!).

It's, well, bad-ass, if I must say so myself.  My favorite part:

  (0..mongrel_servers-1).each { |server|
    apache2_rails_conf += "    BalancerMember
http://127.0.0.1:#{mongrel_start_port + server}\n"
  }

It's on our newest Slingshot Hosting image, but you can download it here:

http://www.slingshothosting.com/files/apache2_2_mongrel_deploy.rb

Deployment just got a whole lot easier.

And, is about to get even easier:

http://cleanair.highgroove.com/articles/2006/08/18/heartbeat-sneak-preview