[Mongrel] Mongrel setting with Mysql error

Philip Hallstrom mongrel at philip.pjkh.com
Fri Aug 18 11:43:30 EDT 2006

> Hi,
>
> I'm pretty newb at Rails deployement stuff.
> I'm setting up a Mongrel web server on windows following the tutorial on the
> official site.
> My app works except when there's interaction with MySQL. I get this error :
>
> "Uninitialized constant Mysql"
>
> Now i'm pretty lost and i'm sure i'm doing something wrong. I've tried
> searching google, ruby and rails mailing list but didn't find anything.
> I'd appreciate if you guys could point me to the right direction. Like what
> steps I have to do to make mysql interact with Mongrel/Ruby.

Can you use mysql from straight ruby?  If you do "gem list" do you see the
following:

mysql (2.7)
     MySQL/Ruby provides the same functions for Ruby programs that the
     MySQL C API provides for C programs.

If not, you should...

I could be wrong, but I think that message means you don't have the
ruby/mysql part hooked up.  "gem install mysql" should get it for you