[Mongrel] BAD CLIENT, Invalid HTTP Format - Firefox, IE, etc..

Zed Shaw zedshaw at zedshaw.com
Fri Aug 18 00:03:47 EDT 2006

On Thu, 2006-08-17 at 20:16 -0600, Steve Spigarelli wrote:
> Is there an easy configuration to do that, or should I modify the gem source?

Hey Steve,

What you can do is run your app under mongrel, then hit all your mongrel
processes with the USR1 signal:

  killall -USR1 mongrel_rails

After you do this, your log/mongrel.log should say it's gonna start
logging clients, and then when you get a BAD CLIENT it'll spit out the
full data it received and the params it had before it booted the client.

Run that and then shoot me the logs (off list!).

Zed A. Shaw
http://www.railsmachine.com/ -- Need Mongrel support?