[Mongrel] mongrel lighttpd and ssl

Steve Spigarelli spig at spig.net
Thu Aug 17 09:54:18 EDT 2006

I'm not sure where you got the impression that you can only do ssl or
non-ssl.  Just add an ssl section to lightty's conf for ssl.  The SSL
documentation at http://trac.lighttpd.net/trac/wiki/Docs%3ASSL only
says that you have to use IP-based virtual hosting if you want to use
one instance of lightty.  With no mention of mongrel in this post, I
feel bad even posting a response here.  It's probably much more of a
lightty question than a mongrel one.

I hope my answers help in some way..  BTW, my configuration looks very
similar to what is posted on the lightty ssl documentation I
referenced above.  I have my other hosts in the same file for standard
port 80 traffic.

Steve Spigarelli