[Mongrel] Apache Proxy Error + Mongrel dying

Michele mail at flydown.org
Thu Aug 17 04:12:18 EDT 2006

Hi,

I've got to active project both running on the last Apache 2.2 and on
Mongrel 0.3.13.3.

One is running perfectly, the other gets (always on the same pages,
but not after each request, it seems to be random) a ProxyError every
now and then which leads to the mongrel process being called to die
and subsequently slowing down the whole web site.
I have to restart the mongrel cluster and then it starts working well
again, but after a while, I get the same error again.

I know of the Apache bug and put this in my httpd.conf:
#Fix for Apache bug 39499
SetEnv force-proxy-request-1.0 1
SetEnv proxy-nokeepalive 1

It seemed to work at first, but now I'm getting the errors again.

Would using 0.3.14 fix this? is it ready for production?

Thanks for your help,
- Michele Finotto